We get a lot of questions from you guys that we can’t legally (or responsibly) answer, about legal stuff. So to answer them, we had on M. Scott Boone from Writer In Law this week.
Some of the questions we tackled were:
• Do you need a corporate structure like an LLC for your writing business?
• What does copyright really mean, and what do you need to know about it?
• When do you need to worry about trademark infringement?
• What do you need to keep in mind about publishing contracts?
• Should you be concerned about being sued for something you wrote?
• Are you allowed to create parodies or fan fiction of other works? Where is the line in doing so?
Here’s the video version of the show: