Today, we had “Mark from Kobo” (because we can’t pronounce his last name) back on the show, as our favorite bookseller representative.
NOTE: Mark didn’t come on to pimp Kobo’s new reader (the Aura HD) and he didn’t pay us to say nice things about it, but constant plugs for the device nonetheless became a running gag in this episode. As a result, Mark decided spontaneously to give one away to one of our listeners, so BE SURE TO TUNE IN TO THE NEXT EPISODE TO LEARN HOW TO ENTER TO WIN IT.)
Anyway, we addressed a bunch of Kobo topics and a few non-Kobo topics:
• What’s the best way to get traction on Kobo?
• Why is “first book free” an excellent strategy?
• How should you price your books?
• What advantages do series books over single books?
• Where did Goodreads reviews (and other reviews) go on Kobo, and are they coming back?
• What’s the best way to use pre-orders on Kobo?
… and a ton more.
Here’s the video version of the show: